
3:40 PM
Ok, so what's SHL? SHL=School of Health and Leisure in Republic Polytechnic, which is also my school. The course that I am currently undertaking is Sports, Health and Leisure Management. Anyway, school is going to start next monday, on the 7th of April 2008. Orientation for Year One students was already over. As I have mentioned on the previous post, it's from the 2nd to 4th of April. The Orientation was fun to say the least. I like the it alot, especially the Jam and Hop on the night of April 4th. Let me give an outline of what I did and found out on those 3 days.
Day One: Meeting my classmates for the first semester for the 1st year. Ok, so that day was the most boring day of the 3 days. Our teacher for that day was Andy Sim. It's just too bad that he won't be teaching our class this year as he will be teaching the year two students. My classmates so far are ok. The school divided us accordingly. My group consists of Anthony, Steven, me and another guy whose name I've forgotten. Sorry dude haha... And yes, all of them are guys, except me. We didn't do much that day, just get to know what we are required to do each day and what is expected of us. We did some programming on our laptops. Andy released us at about 1.30pm, when we are not supposed to end until 4pm. It was mentioned that lessons might not end until 5pm the latest.
Day Two: Today was a much more fun day. We met at North Agora at 9am. After we had registered ourselves and got a nametag to differentiate our courses in our own school, we are told to sit down with our courses students. After that, everything was just a blur. We played some stupid games. The first game is called something like Captains of something. I can't remember the exact name for the game. It's like someone will tell us what to do in groups of people. And each time the group is different number. Which make it the more difficult. After some briefing by various people, we were told to group together, and then we were assigned our group leaders. My group consists of Kasmir, Aarti, Wati, Azeer and another Malay guy. Sorry I'm just lousy at memorising names. Our student leaders are Emi and Firdous. They are really funny, although I like Emi more as he is really, very funny. The two of them made us laugh nonstop the whole day. We played wacko, which is a game that I've played before in SKSS, during the CO camp. It's a good way to get to know more people. We are required to mix with another group. And we ended up mixing with Quan Long, Jave and Bert's group. The game was fun. I liked it. We played that for almost an hour. The rest of the day was just playing games. Since we are required to play a game called LeapFrog on the 3rd day, they wanted us to try it out first, to get the hang of it. The last game was something to do with egg. They finally let us off at 5pm.
Day Three: I like the 3rd day best. For about two to three hours, we walked around the entire school, playing games along the way. We returned to our homebase at about 12.30pm for lunch. We were with our old group as the 2nd day. After lunch, they taught us RP's warcry and SHL's team cheer. It's was funny, especially the song. I don't know the title of the song. After this, it was time for the leapfrog contest. I didn't take part in it due to my health problems, which do not enable me to join in sports contests. So I was bored for 2 to 3 hours. It turned out that we broke the world record. Of course, by that time it was 7pm, and we have our dinner. The dinner was superb. We have buffet! At 7.30pm, we gathered back at the lawn, and we held the school vs school contest. We were the 4th or 5th group. I think the 4th group. They were so unfair! They didn't allow all of us to get up on stage, although they allowed the other groups to do so. So, our school sort of went crazy, and started shouting and chanting crazy things. I won't post that here. When the contests was over, the MCee. some guy called Michael, apologised to us for the mistake, and of course, the logical thing was to forgive them. They have a couple of performances while the judges decide who should win the contests. Finally, came the results! SHL won the begin the best organised and coordinated school, I think that's what the contests is about. We got 20 points for something-that-i-don't-remember-what-is-it. SHL got 2nd for the best entertaining school. RSH got 1st for the contests, which is just not fair. RSH have 1 week to prepare, while SHL just got 2 hours! And we still got 2nd. This shows that we are actually better than them, and thus we should get 1st! Ok, after that, we were allowed to go home. It's 9.30pm by that time.
Allright, so that about sums up the whole Orientation programme. Just want to say, SHL ROCKS!!!