
9:28 PM
Omg. I didn't realise my old secondary school Chinese Orchestra(CO)got SYF this year. I'm soooooo happy that I'm not in this group. Don't get me wrong, I loooooove anyone who take up chinese music and instrument, but this group is just not good lah....
When I joined them in 2004, our batch is I guess, one of the best SKSS every had. They got bronze the first SYF, before I joined. That's pretty good, considering it's the first time they took part in it. When our batch joined, our next SYF is good. We got Silver. Okay, we were ecstatic that we got Silver. The next SYF, which half the group of the same batch is still in this(including me), we won Silver again. Okay, we wasn't so ecstatic this time round, but we were still happy that we maintained our silver, even though our target was a gold.
After that I graduated. I still went back a few times just to check on our juniors. But then...I just stopped going back, simply because I did not have the time. I have other things to do. By the time my lessons end, their practice is almost over already. Then, I recently just checked the SKSS CO blog, and found out they got....bronze. Sigh. All our hardwork is gone. We were back to bronze. Can they get back to our standard which the 2004 batch maintained for 2 SYFs? Or will they get worse? Somehow, I'm not sure I want to know what they will get for their next SYF in 2011. In fact, I was already surprised that they still managed to have a group large enough to take part in SYF. Recruitment for CO gradually started to drop after our large group of student joined in 2004.
Ah well. Seeing the results of SYF just brought back some wonderful....and painful memories. The painful memories are only those when we did not do as well as we are supposed to. The wonderful memories are those of success, before, during and after a performance. It was a bittersweet memory altogether. I had lost touch with practically everyone in that batch. The only person whom I continue to get in touch with, is actually my best friend. She was the one who allowed me to get through all the hard times. The other person whom I actually made friends with during that time is a guy. I will not say his name here, as it triggered some painful memories. I had lost touch with him right after our second SYF.
Anyway, I just want to thank SKSS for allowing me to get to play a new instrument, and a instrument that I am sure I will NOT regret for the rest of my life. It was through this instrument that I actually get to meet another wonderful group of friends, all of them whom I had made friends with. Thank you.